Once again it is that time of year that we gather around a feast of roasted turkey and give thanks. How can I think of what I am thankful for between mouthfuls of turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes? Oh, and don’t forget the apple and pumpkin pies. No one talks during our Thanksgiving meals about what they are thankful for. I recall my uncle Skeeter asked once and someone told him to shut it and pass the cranberry sauce. See in my family both sides had lots of kids so meals are less of a gathering and more of an eating competition. Maybe after my family stuffs themselves we can start a new tradition and say what we are thankful for. Below is a list of reasons for me to be thankful.
1. I am thankful for warm socks and sweaters. I love the changing of seasons. In particular I love the colors on the trees and storms blowing leaves all around. Sweaters and warm socks make it all the more enjoyable as you can enjoy the autumn outdoors.
2. I am thankful for hearty foods. Hey it’s cold outside and you need to add a little insulation. Even if you gain a few extra pounds this time of year enjoy your hearty meals, after all you can cover up with a nice sweater.
3. I am thankful for red wine. I know this goes right along with the hearty meals but you need a bold red to keep you warm on these long nights.
4. I am thankful for the holidays. Any excuse for a party is just fine by me. I love all the traditions, music and tinsel that goes with the holidays.
5. I am thankful for Tchaikovsky. This year I am really excited that my little ballerina will be in the Nutcracker. She is just a little Bonbon but it is so exciting that she gets to participate in one of our oldest family traditions.
6. I am thankful for family and friends. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my most favorite holidays of the year. I think in large it is because I get to spend so much time with my loved ones.
7. I am thankful for life. Many of us, myself included take for granted how good we all have it. Despite all the craziness we hear on the news we live in a truly wonderful place where we are afforded all these truly wonderful things and for that I am thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!